Ohio Concealed Carry Process
1) To be eligible for an Ohio Concealed Handgun License in Ohio you must meet the following criteria, per Ohio Law ORC Section 2923.12.
A) Must be at least 21 years old
B) Must be an Ohio resident for the last 45 days
C) Must be a resident of your county for the last 30 days
2) Obtain a certificate indicating you have completed an approved 8 hour training course.
3) Read and understand the entire Attorney General Law Manual (Blue Book) -
This book will be covered at a high level during our Ohio CHL Course.
4) A Completed Ohio Concealed Carry Application.
5) Schedule an appointment with your local Sherieff's office, Sumbitting applications must be done in person.
What you need to bring ...
A) Valid form of Photo Identification
B) Your Completed Ohio CHL Application
C) A Passport sized color photo.
D) Cash or Money order to pay the application fee (Currently $67)
6) What to expect when you apply for your Ohio CHL ...
The Sheriffs office will take your fingerprints and complete a background check. If for any reason you believe there is or could be something on a background check that would prevent you from being approved for a firearm. We recommend you speak with an attorney before applying.
Here is a Ohio CHL Application Checklist - provided by BuckeyeFirearms.org
Ohio Sheriff's Office
All Concealed Carry Applications must be submitted in person to your local Sheriff's office or an adjacent county.
We dedicated this page to resources and information we find useful with regards to Firearms and Firearm Ownership.
Ohio Reciprocity Map
Check out this map for the states you can carry in with your Ohio Concealed Carry.
Since their inception in 1871, the NRA has focus on safe firearms training and protecting our firearm rights.
Join the NRA today for a discounted Rate
1 Year membership - Only $30 (Saves $10)
Defending our firearm rights. This website is a great resource for updated information.
QUICK REGISTRATION FOR OUR UPCOMING COURSES.
Ohio Attorney General
The Attorney General provides the most up to date information regarding your Concealed Carry rights. It is best to become familiar with their website.